January 20, 2005

Penultimate day

It's been too long since my last entry. I'm now an IBM employee, as of a couple of weeks ago. They bought the company that I previously worked for, a startup called SRD. I had already put in my notice that January 21st was my last day, so I'll be an IBM employee for about two weeks (ending tomorrow).


The weekend of the 8th, a few days afterwards, I visited Emily. Unfortunately, her car was broken into the first night, but we managed to enjoy ourselves nontheless.


Shortly afterward she started to have some doubts about breaking up with Mic. I suggested she take a few days away from us to decide. She ended up deciding that it wasn't going to work out with him, and we'd see how things go with us.


The weekend of the 15th, I flew to San Francisco to find an apartment. I went with one in mind and ended up getting a different one, which I found the last day I was there. It doesn't have a garage, but it's a very charming SF apartment in a great neighborhood. (Noe Valley.)


This weekend, Emily is visiting Vegas. I wanted her to check out my house and see the city while we still have the chance. We'll see "O", have dinner, and hang out. Should be a lot of fun.


Next week, I get to move. Should be interesting. Still negotiating things with the movers. I'll have an extra bed, futon, and a couple of tables to get rid of or store, because they won't fit in the apartment.

No comments: