July 23, 2006

Woot

Dan and Carmen have finally moved into the bottom unit. I helped Dan with the big stuff yesterday. It's a nice feeling having the place to ourselves. Yes, I will miss having them around, but they are just downstairs, so it's not that big of a deal. Their place is beautiful, although full of boxes at the moment, I look forward to seeing how they decorate.
Yesterday, I also put together a meal from the show Oliver's Twist. I made Cannelloni (hope I spelled that right, Emily has had great fun correcting me) with a Ricotta/Spinach filling, in a fresh tomato/basil sauce, topped with mozzarella and parmesan, and baked in the oven. For dessert, I make some candied strawberries with a mascarpone/rosemary/limoncello sauce. I'll add a picture of the dessert as soon as Emily gets it posted. (I should have photographed the food, too. Oh well.)
I've been thinking of assembling a cookbook. Between Dan and Carmen living with me, my parents visiting, and Emily flying off to visit her sister, I've had a few requests for recipes for the food people have enjoyed while visiting. I'd like them to be able to make some of it for themselves.

No comments: