April 09, 2008

Lemongrass Sea Bass

sauteed bass with lemongrass

A couple of weeks ago I made a Joël Robuchon recipe that I've had on my to-do list for well over a year.   The recipe originally caught my attention because of the amount of lemongrass involved. I halved the recipe, so about 5 stalks went into it. 

I sautéed striped bass in lemongrass oil and served it with a lemongrass cream sauce, roasted tomatoes, blanched green garlic, and fried, julienned leeks. (I substituted green garlic for scallions because I had some on hand.)

It turned out well, we'll definitely make it again. The sauce was very good, the lemongrass came through nicely. I also liked this method for cooking tomatoes, quartered and baked with some olive oil and herbs.  They were sweet and had a nice, concentrated tomato flavor. I made them again the next day to serve with a roasted game hen and potatoes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the way you garnish stuff. This sounds good! Mom